Friday 5 July 2013

By George, its coming down, and Homeflair is closed

Sadly the George Pub demolition is under way.  Such a sad event, and loss to Pinner's architectural past.  I am not sure that if housing is provided there it will be affordable, a crime.  Having said that the last time I drank in there was 1975. It was also held in great affection by a lovely man who now has sadly passed away.

Just before the demolition kicked off on Thursday of  this week I managed to take these shots through the windows on a sunny day. Here also are  pictures of the demolition operation taken today, and on Thursday when they were putting up the scaffolding and screening.  Also a long shot of the Homeflair shop. The manage there who was not the cheeriest of fellows was inside today packing up stock for transfer to their Ruislip Store.  I wonder who will take over the shop?  It would be great if Wetherspoon's turned it into one of their pubs.










1 Comments:

At 15 July 2013 at 14:08 , Blogger Novabug said...

I felt a knot in my stomach when I saw this happening. Many good times spent at The George while I was growing up in Pinner. So that's it. Hand in Hand? GONE. Victory? Gone. George... GONE. Where the hell was the Pinner Association on this? Disgraceful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home